Keeping Your Business Running by Keeping Your Pipes Clean and Clear
When running a business, every small detail matters. From the efficiency of your light bulbs to the color of your paint, there’s a great deal that goes into the opening and upkeep of a shop. Out of all the details, however, there is one key factor that can’t go overlooked; your plumbing. While a harsh paint color may be bad for business, inefficient plumbing has the power to shut down a business entirely.
For instance, one New York restaurant was shut down due to improperly installed and poorly maintained plumbing. The restaurant had backflow and their sewage disposal was not functioning properly. Another restaurant in Williamsburg named Parm was closed after just five months due to plumbing issues in the building. In fact, according to the city, plumbing issues are among the most common violations. Even the multi-billion dollar business, Walmart, had to shut down five stores due to plumbing problems, which forced them to let go of 2,200 people in 2014.
So, how do you keep your business from succumbing to plumbing problems? The first step is knowing the common causes.
Common Causes for Clogged Drains
- Old pipes: Many sewer systems that are older than 30 years are created with concrete or clay pipes that have the threat of corroding, accumulating buildup and cracking.
- Tree root infiltration: Even if your pipes are healthy, tree roots can grow into the joint of the pipe and grow until the pipe clogs, then bursts.
- Ground shifting: Over decades, ground shifting can cause pipes to get moved around and stop draining properly.
- Grease build up: Kitchen sinks in restaurants run a great risk of grease build up. As dishes get washed with hot water grease sticks to the people and begins to build until the drain completely clogs.
These causes grow over time, and the longer left untreated the worse they get. Fortunately, these cases come with warning signs that can help you detect when it’s time to call a professional.
Common Warning Signs for Damaged Pipes
- Foul odor
- Constant clogging
- Mold problems
- Slow Drain
- Extra lush patches in grass
- Cracks in foundation
- Septic waste in the yard
If you notice any of these warning signs, call a trusted plumbing service like Bob Oates Plumbing, Sewer & Rooter. Using advanced sewer inspection technology, we will diagnose the problem and use the right system to clean and clear out your pipes. From our high-power water jetting, which uses an eco-friendly method of blasting away waste buildup in your pipes, to trenchless sewer repair that eliminates the need to dig, we offer the best solutions to any pipe problem. At Bob Oates, we are am A rated service provider and a trusted leader in the Seattle Sewer cleaning and repair industry. Contact us today and learn how we can help you keep your plumbing system running smoothly.